Attendance at the Program launch is a must. From receiving the festival brochure in the morning post, poring over the offerings, attempting to set a budget, confirming and adding more choices during the launch, to meeting up with friends and colleagues that we may not have seen since the last festival.
Our first picks from the brochure were:
- Benjamin Britten’s Peter Grimes
- The Walworth Farce, Druid Ireland
- Etiquette, Rotozaza
- Good Morning Mr Gershwin, Compagnie Montalvo-Hervieu
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
- Sing the Truth: The Music of Nina Simone
After attending the launch celebrations, we would like to add:
- Lotterywest Festival Celebration with La Fura Dels Baus
- The Society, Jo Strømgren Kompani
- Six Characters in Search of an Author, Headlong Theatre
- 66A Church Road, Daniel Kitson
- Man of Aran, British Sea Power
- 13 Most Beautiful … Songs for Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests, Dean & Britta
- Les Sept Planches de la Ruse, Compagnie 111 and Scenes de la Terre
- Children’s Choice Awards, Mammalian Diving Reflex
- Amadou & Miriam
Phew! Now just have to get the money out and book.
The queues were long at the program launch, so having read that we could book online we enjoyed the refreshments and mingled.
I was unsuccessful at booking online as I hoped :( I persevered and attempted to work around issues as they arose, but finally hit the Contact Us button to view a HTTP Error 500 – Internal server error. Because friends said that we would not be able to choose our seats, I gave up with H promising that he would go into town to get them first thing in the morning.