I received planting instructions and tips with the seeds for Western Australian conditions, which I somewhat followed:
- Everlasting seeds prefer sandy open ground
No problem, sandy and open it is.
- Will accept pot plant situations
- Plant after first autumn shower – usually April
Planted today (Anzac Day) and we have had a couple of showers before now.
- Lightly rake surface
- Sprinkle seeds on disturbed earth
- Lightly cover with soil and press down
Sort of moved the rake around again. The only pressing down would have been with my feet.
- Scatter snail pellets around area
- Shoots appear within one week
Will cross my fingers and toes.
- Usually no further action required
That’s the type of plants I like 🙂